Saturday, August 13, 2011

Oh NO!!! Summer is over, already?

Well our summer has officially come to an end.  What a bummer.

Back to work for Steven and I, and the girls start "school" (daycare) on Monday.  Madison is very excited!  For the past week, every morning when she wakes up she asks "Is school open?  Do I get to go to school today"?  I can only pray and hope she continues to have this same love, joy and excitement for school, not just for the rest of this school year,  but for the many, many school years to come. Landri is not as excited, but she is still to young to understand what is going on.  She is currently getting two new teeth at the same time, while getting NEW teeth sounds exciting, the physical act of them coming in is not so exciting.  She has had a few rough days with a lot of fussiness, screaming, and crying............ It has been rough, on ALL of us!
So I ask this:
"Dear teeth, while we welcome your addition to our little ones mouth, we do not appreciate your doing so in such a painful way.  Could I please implore you to complete your job as quickly and as painlessly as possible?  If you could please find it within you to burst through as fast as possible, I will promise to brush you twice a day, and make sure I teach her to take really good care of you!  If you have any other demands I am willing to negotiate to ensure a more amicable arrangement."
-Thank you,
 Sarah, (The one who will be taking care of you daily for several years!)

Well, while the girls will be engrossed in their classroom activities, playing with friends, and running around on the playground, Steven and I will be hard at work with............. yes, middle schoolers.  I am still waiting for our psychological evaluations to come back, because we both must be crazy to choose this profession!  Steven should have a much better year this year than years past.  He has a new principal he will be working with.  He seems to a fantastic addition that will help take some of the workload and pressure off of Stevens shoulders.  My school year future is still undecided.  I have been moved from the same spot I have held for six years (6th grade World Cultures) to 7th grade Texas History.  I am making the change with a positive outlook, although I am scared out of my mind!  If you don't work in education, let me fill you in on a secret.......... Seventh graders are the worst of all the grade levels, in terms of them being the most obnoxious, hormonal, and too big for their britches!  I am also nervous because, as you know, I did not grow up in Texas, so I know NOTHING about Texas History.  My only prayer is I make it through this school year in tact and that my students are not stupider for having me!  :) I know it will not be that bad, but still a little stressful.

As we move into the new school year, we have a fantastic summer to look back on!
Steven, Madison, Landri, and I took our first "Family Of Four" vacation.  Madison and Landri got to see and play in the ocean for the first time.  It was great to see them making sand castles and jump in the waves!  Steven and I were also able to take a childless vacation with some good friends, to rest and relax without the worries of our little ones. We had fun and spent quality time with many friends and family.  Madison took swim lessons and really improved her swimming skills.  We had lots of quality family time, and Madison, Landri, and I had some fun days just hanging around the house and playing!

At the end of the day, it's not the things that you own, but the memories you have that make you happy...... and boy are we happy!  We have plenty of memories to carry us through this school year and into the next summer vacation.




























No comments:

Post a Comment